MID-TAC 2022 ANNUAL CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT
JULY 1 TO JULY 4, 2022
CELEBRATING OUR 99TH TOURNAMENT YEAR!!
In 2022 MID-TAC is happy to say that we will be returning to our regular 3-day tournament format, which will include the return of our junior players. Covid-19 has changed life as we once knew it for everyone. Proper measures will be instituted during the tournament to keep everyone as safe as possible. We ask for your cooperation in adhering to our instructions.
We are looking forward to a fun-filled and competitive event! Please be sure to share with others.
TOURNAMENT DATES: July 1 & 4, 2022. CHECK-IN: Friday, July 1st at Host Hotel, 6pm to 10pm est.
TOURNAMENT STARTS: Saturday, July 2nd – 8am est., Indianapolis, IN
The Following Information Will Help With Your 2022 Tournament Participation.
- MID-TAC 2022 Championship Tournament ADULT On-Line Registration – REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
- MID-TAC 2022 Printable ADULT Application – REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
- MID-TAC 2022 Championship Tournament JUNIOR & NOVICE On-Line Registration – REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
- MID-TAC 2022 Printable JUNIOR & NOVICE Application – REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
2022 ADULT/SENIOR DIVISIONS and Application Fees: Singles: $45 per Player / Doubles: $66 per Team.
Men’s Singles – 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, Open and NTRP 3.5, 4.0, 4.5
Women’s Singles – 50, 55, 60, 65, 75, Open and NTRP 3.5, 4.0, 4.5
Men’s Doubles – 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, Open and NTRP 3.5, 4.0, 4.5
Women’s Doubles – 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, Open and NTRP 3.5, 4.0, 4.5
Mixed Doubles – 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, Open and NTRP 3.5, 4.0, 4.5
Please be aware that winners may be required to play 2 rounds in each draw on Saturday.
Other scoring may be implemented depending on draw size, court availability and/or inclement weather.
2022 JUNIOR DIVISIONS and Application Fees: Singles $30 / All Doubles $40 per Team / Novice $25
Boy’s 8/under Singles
Boy’s 9 & 10 Singles
Boy’s 10/under Singles
Boy’s 12, 14, 16 and 18 Singles
Boy’s 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 Doubles
Girl’s 8/under Singles
Girl’s 9 & 10 Singles
Girl’s 10/under Singles
Girl’s 12, 14, 16 and 18 Singles ***
Girl’s 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 Doubles ***
NOTES: Consolation Draws will be “First Match Consolation.”
8/under – red felt ball, 36′ court
9 & 10 – orange ball, 60′ court
10/under – green dot ball, 78′ court
Boy’s and Girl’s – 12 and under Singles
Boy’s and Girl’s – 14 and over Singles
NOTE: Amateur players with two or less years playing experience and no prior tournament experience. Must be able to serve and keep score. All matches will be 8 game Pro Sets.
*** Main Draw Only: Junior Tennis Camp Scholarship for 1st place winner in each age division. Winners will be presented with a $250 Certificate, together with a 1st place trophy at the finals for their division. Requirements described on the Certificate will have to be completed to receive the actual funds. Singles draws cap at 16 players. See more details under the “Junior Scholarship Section” on this website.
TOURNAMENT SITES: Carmel Clay Courts for Seniors; Tarkington Park for Adults/Opens/NTRP; Riverside Park [AKA Marion I. Rice Tennis Courts] for Juniors
Tournament ENTRY DEADLINE: June 10, 2022
HOST HOTEL: Marriott Indianapolis North Hotel – (317) 705-0000 or (800) 228-9290
3645 River Crossing Parkway, Indianapolis, In 46240
$159 Per night (King/Double Room)
Reservation Deadline: BLOCK SOLD OUT
Cancellation Deadline: 72 Hours Prior.
OVERFLOW HOTEL: Embassy Suites Indianapolis North – (317) 872-7700
3912 Vincennes Road, Indianapolis, IN 46268
$149 Per night (King/Double Room) – Includes free breakfast and happy hour daily.
Reservation Deadline: BLOCK SOLD OUT
Cancellation Deadline: 72 hours prior.
- FRIDAY at HOST HOTEL: Check-in at the Marriott. “Goodie Bags, refreshments for everyone, see Draws and Historical Display – 6:00pm est.
- FRIDAY at HOST HOTEL: Good Sportsmanship & Junior Parent Tips Discussion – 7:00pm est.
- SATURDAY play begins at all sites at 8:00am est.
- SATURDAY NIGHT at Tarkington Park – Family and Friends Evening In The Park! 6pm to 8:30pm – Tickets $5.00 pp. REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED! Cost of tickets at Check-In will be more.
- SUNDAY play continues at all sites at 8:00am est.
- SUNDAY NIGHT at Spotlight Event Center – Junior Party w/dj, food, raffle and Scholarships! 7pm to 10pm – Free for all juniors with reservation. REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED! or at Check-In. Pre-Reservation is required to attend.
- SUNDAY NIGHT at Spotlight Event Center – Adult Party w/dj, food, raffle, cash bar and Living Legends. – 8pm to Midnight. Tickets $15. REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED! Cost of tickets at Check-In will be more.
- MONDAY Finals with Trophy Presentations at all sites.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
MID-TAC 2022 Serve Tennis Tournament ID for Juniors #22-41926 & for Adults #22-71054
All players will need a USTA Membership # for MID-TAC tournament registration purposes only. Do not attempt to register for MID-TAC on the USTA website. To obtain a free USTA Membership #, please follow below instructions.
Instructions to get a USTA Account at no charge for MID-TAC Draw purposes:
Go to www.usta.com / Select: Tennis Link
In the red box area select: Don’t have a USTA Account? Learn more and create one today.
On right hand side select: Create Your USTA Account – Complete info and save your ID#.
(l to r) Rita Patterson – Secretary, Paula Lewis – Parliamentarian, Bruce Stone – Treasurer, Shirley Roach – Vice President, Margaret Dorsey – President